We love our home fragrance. Candles are especially loved for their decorative look, wonderful smell and romantic glow. According to The National Candle Association, more than 80 percent of Americans use fragrance in their homes. Many consumers don’t realize that along with the wonderful fragrance, candles release chemicals into the air, causing a major impact on your indoor air quality.
Candles are created using paraffin wax and petroleum products. In addition, the fragrances candle manufacturers use additional chemicals to create the fragrance. What this all adds up to is burning candles, although smell wonderful release hidden pollutants into the indoor air. You may ask, “candles are polluting the air? But they smell so, so good.” The answer is “yes,” they are affecting the air you breathe and could be harming your health!
Have Your Candles and Burn Them Too With Healthier Air Quality
For most people fragrance is not going to cause any health issues. For others who have asthma, allergies, heart issues or are sensitive to smells may find it uncomfortable to be inside while a candle is burning. They might not even realize it but that constant cough or runny nose or even an irritable mood might be the result of your beloved candle! Candle manufacturers are recognizing that consumers are more health conscious than ever before and are adjusting their formulas to include better ingredients. The best way to keep the air inside your home as clean and healthy as possible is paying attention to the air quality. It’s easier than you might think. And it doesn’t mean getting rid of your candles, either.
Contact The Air Specialists At GVEC Air Conditioning and Heating And Start Breathing Easy
At GVEC Air Conditioning and Heating, we are professionally trained to help you improve your home’s air quality. Our specialists will test your home and then consult you on what system will work the best for you. We will make recommendations including adding humidifiers, air filtration systems or even ventilators to bring and circulate fresh air inside. Contact us today!